This single-point Mean Variance calculator will allow you to calculate the actual camera gain your point of measurement. The Mean Variance test is the industry standard for measuring and calculating the gain for every camera setup.
- Enter the average value of your Bias image.
- Enter the average values of your 2 image acquisitions.
- Subtract one acquisition from the other.
- Enter the value of the standard deviation between the pixels of the acquisition difference image.
- Click Calculate - This will return with the value of the gain at your acquisition settings.